Three possible weekends to expand and enhance skills and knowledge.
Transform you career, your patients and your practice.
|Title||Date & Time||Location||Clinical|
|Creating the Foundation PTM 101||Thursday |
|Fundamental Clinical Skills PTM 102||Friday |
|Treatment of Maintenance Patients PTM 103||Saturday |
|Treatment of a Moderate Periodontal Patient PTM 104||Sunday |
|Finally… a Step-by-Step Implant Protocol PTM 105||Thursday |
|Dental Implants and Periodontal Re-evaluation Case PTM 106||Friday |
|Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient PTM 107||Saturday |
|Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient PTM 108||Sunday |
|Get OFF the 3 Month Merry-Go-Round PTM 109||Thursday |
|Advanced Periodontal Re-evaluation Case PTM 110||Friday|
The Periodontal Therapist Module™ (PTM™) offered by Hygiene Excellence Inc. provides PACE approved science-based continuing education in the form of theoretical lectures and hands-on skills. The hands-on skills in the PTM™ are in a clinical participatory session with a ratio 2:1. The goal is to strive for a higher standard of care in the field of Periodontics and Implantology. During the three possible comprehensive weekends, each dental hygienist will enhance their personal skills and knowledge. Each weekend is independent from the rest and does not guarantee nor imply additional weekends. Customize your continuing education path!
We are committed to a science-based standard of excellence in skill development which benefits the patients, the dental team and the business of dentistry.
- Grow individually in knowledge and skill development in the field of Periodontics and/or Implantology through a unique sophisticated series of lectures and hands-on participatory sessions.
- Create insight for change in the dental office’s fundamental systems and clinical processes to allow for evolution of dentistry.
- Integrate new skills with structured guidelines based on the AAP 2017 classification of periodontal diseases and implant diseases.
- Provide input into the business component of a practice with direct and indirect productivity.
Outline of Lecture / Clinical Sessions
Creating the Foundation
- Dentistry in the 21st century
- Paradigm shift
- The science of dentistry
- AAP/CAP standards
- Effective science-based systems and processes
- Non-verbal communication
Fundamental Clinical Skills
- Reducing instrument confusion
- Maintenance kits versus periodontal kits
- Winning operator-patient positioning
- De-mystifying sharpening
- Fine tuning ultra sonics
- Hands-on Clinical – collect critical data in first 10 minutes
Treatment of Maintenance Patients (Ratio 2:1)
- Effective chart reviews
- Observe the timing of dentistry
- Follow set protocols, guidelines and processes
- Participate in treating maintenance patients
- Updating process
- Dismissal process
Treatment of a Moderate Periodontal Patient (Ratio 2:1)
- Aligning criteria and guidelines
- 15 points to interpreting radiographs
- Interdisciplinary dentistry
- Periodontal records – AAP standards
- HANDS-ON clinical session – to completion
- OHI, post op instructions
- Pertinent handouts Entries
Finally… a Step-by-Step Implant Protocol
- Science and disease process for dental implants
- Protocols for mucositis versus implantitis
- Implant evaluation process including the IMI
- Case studies in treating implants
- Continuum of periodontal health
Treatment of a Dental Implant Case and a Moderate Periodontal Re-evaluation Case (Ratio 2:1)
- Execute process for treating dental implants
- Radiograph interpretation for implants
- HANDS-ON clinical – dental implant case
- Patient handouts
- Process for periodontal re-evaluation
- Full mouth ‘hands on’ debridement ADPIE and continuum of care process
Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient (Ratio 2:1)
- Aligning data
- Interpretation of radiographs
- Antimicrobial regimen
- HANDS-ON sessions – to completion
- Utilizing accessory instruments
- End points
- OHI, post-op instructions
- More than just clinical Periodontal complications
Get OFF the 3-Month Merry-Go-Round!
- Appreciate the intricacies in diagnosing, treatment planning and executing appropriate periodontal therapies.Billing
- Adopt the new guidelines and recommendations from the AAP 2017.
- Identify the criteria for surgical treatment of commonly encountered periodontal conditions.
- Review options for periodontal patients when conservative treatment is not enough.
- Realize the enormous benefits of interdisciplinary treatment with periodontology as the core.
Advanced Periodontal Re-evaluation Case and Summary (Ratio 2:1)
- Outcomes of periodontal re-evaluations
- HANDS-ON session
- Complexities in advanced cases
Length of Program
The PTM™ is comprised of three different unique weekends. Customize your dental education journey and benefit from the flexibility of one weekend or all three weekends. Each weekend is its own CE event, by participating in one weekend you can decide on your path forward. One weekend does not imply successive weekends. Ultimately PTM™ allows personal and professional growth at your rate and allows for implementation of new knowledge, skills, systems, and processes.
1 skilled periodontal instructor: 2 participants (RDH or DDS)
*unique small ratio exclusive to Hygiene Excellence Inc.
Cost: Session I (PTM 101 – PTM 104) $2700
Session II (PTM 105 – PTM 108) $2250
Session III (PTM 109 – PTM 110) $1800
*no GST is required
*If patients are partially billed during the PTM™, the income generated during the complete PTM™ is approximately $3000. The generated revenue can go to the host facility.
- ALL written material is provided, including a comprehensive PTM™ binder with guidelines, criteria, working model processes, patient handouts and research articles.
- ALL comprehensive periodontal instrument kits are provided for use throughout the program with ultrasonic machine, accessory instruments, stones, variety of ultra sonic inserts.
- Antimicrobial agents are provided.
- ALL participants’ meals are provided on full day sessions.
Maximum CE credits for dental hygienists with the CRDHA
Maximum CE credits eligibility with the CRDHA
Hygiene Excellence Inc. has a great incentive program for patients to become training candidates for the PTM™ program. Further information will be forwarded to assist participants in the patient recruitment.
Participants are responsible for providing their own patients for the clinical days. No guarantee by Hygiene Excellence exists for patient’s participation. Strategies are provided like a short notice list of patients for each session. Criteria, guidelines and matrices are provided for patient selection, however, degree of complexities of patients will vary. Each session will be outlined, with each participant, to ensure they understand the process for recruiting patients.
All of the patients selected for the clinical sessions will be reviewed, prior to the sessions, by the participants and/or dentists and deemed appropriate in nature with no contraindications medically and/or physically for periodontal treatment. The patient consent form will be provided and must be signed and forwarded to Hygiene Excellence Inc.