Complete PTM™ or Individual PTM™ Sessions
Transform you career, your patients and your practice.
|Title||Date & Time||Location||Clinical|
|Creating the Foundation PTM 101||Thursday |
|Fundamental Clinical Skills PTM 102||Friday |
|Treatment of Maintenance Patients PTM 103||Saturday |
|Treatment of a Moderate Periodontal Patient PTM 104||Sunday |
|Dental Implants and Periodontal Re-evaluation Process PTM 105||Thursday |
|Dental Implants and Periodontal Re-evaluation Case PTM 106||Friday |
|Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient PTM 107||Saturday |
|Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient PTM 108||Sunday |
|Business of Dentistry and Periodontal Surgical Intervention PTM 109||Thursday |
|Advanced Periodontal Re-evaluation Case PTM 110||Friday|
The Periodontal Therapist Module™ (PTM™) offered by Hygiene Excellence Inc. provides accredited unique science-based continuing education in the form of theoretical lectures and HANDS-ON clinical participatory sessions, ratio 2:1, to enhance the knowledge and skills of dental hygienists to that of a ‘periodontal therapists’. During three comprehensive weekends, each dental hygienist will enhance their existing roles and responsibilities and achieve a tried and true working model approach to enable dental practices to thrive in the 21st century.
We are committed to a science-based standard of excellence in skill development which benefits the patients, the dental team and the business of dentistry.
- The program by Hygiene Excellence will enable each participant to grow individually in knowledge and skill development in the field of Periodontics through a unique sophisticated series of lectures and HANDS-ON participatory sessions.
- Each participant will be able to execute and transform their existing hygiene department to a periodontal department by receiving comprehensive clinical training as well as an inclusive package of written material in the PTM™ working model binder.
- Adopt a successful interdisciplinary business approach to general dentistry by understanding all of the current dynamics in the dental office.
- During the 3 weekends, spanning over 6 months, the participants will have time for implementation and development of their new skills and knowledge in their own dental practice.
Outline of Lecture / Clinical Sessions
Creating the Foundation
- Dentistry in the 21st century
- Paradigm shift
- The science of dentistry
- AAP/CAP standards
- Effective science-based systems and processes
- Non-verbal communication
Fundamental Clinical Skills
- Reducing instrument confusion
- Maintenance kits versus periodontal kits
- Winning operator-patient positioning
- De-mystifying sharpening
- Fine tuning ultra sonics
- Critical information – first 10 minutes! Documentation – what works, what does not
Treatment of Maintenance Patients (Ratio 2:1)
- Effective chart reviews
- Observe the timing of dentistry
- Follow set protocols, guidelines and processes
- Participate in treating maintenance patients
- Updating process
- Dismissal process
Treatment of a Moderate Periodontal Patient (Ratio 2:1)
- Aligning criteria and guidelines
- 15 points to interpreting radiographs
- Interdisciplinary dentistry
- Periodontal records – AAP standards
- HANDS-ON clinical session – to completion
- OHI, post op instructions
- Pertinent handouts Entries
Dental Implants and Periodontal Re-Evaluation Process
- Science and disease process for dental implants
- Protocols for mucositis versus implantitis
- Implant evaluation process
- Components of a periodontal re-evaluation Entries
Treatment of a Dental Implant Case and a Moderate Periodontal Re-evaluation Case (Ratio 2:1)
- Execute process for treating dental implants
- Radiograph interpretation for implants
- HANDS-ON clinical – dental implant case
- Patient handouts
- Process for periodontal re-evaluation
- Full mouth ‘hands on’ debridement ADPIE and continuum of care process
Treatment of an Advance Periodontal Patient (Ratio 2:1)
- Aligning data
- Interpretation of radiographs
- Antimicrobial regimen
- HANDS-ON sessions – to completion
- Utilizing accessory instruments
- End points
- OHI, post-op instructions
- More than just clinical Periodontal complications
Business of Dentistry and Periodontal Surgical Intervention
- Cost of doing dentistry
- Estimates for all treatment
- New roles within dentistry
- Direct versus indirect contribution
- Limitations of a periodontal therapist
- Common periodontal procedures
- Guidelines for periodontal referrals
Advanced Periodontal Re-evaluation Case and Summary (Ratio 2:1)
- Outcomes of periodontal re-evaluations
- HANDS-ON session
- Complexities in advanced cases
- Time lines Summary
Length of Program
The PTM™ is intentionally executed over three long weekends and spans over six months to allow for personal and professional growth plus allowing for implementation of new knowledge, skills, systems and processes.
1 skilled periodontal instructor: 2 participants (RDH or DDS)
*unique small ratio exclusive to Hygiene Excellence Inc.
Cost: $5850 (no GST)
*Income generated during the PTM™ via patient billing is ~ $3000; net difference is $2850.
EACH weekend of PTM™ income is generated; payment is staged over 6 months.
- ALL written material is provided, including a comprehensive PTM™ binder with guidelines, criteria, working model processes, patient handouts and research articles.
- ALL comprehensive periodontal instrument kits are provided for use throughout the program with ultrasonic machines, accessory instruments, stones, variety of ultra sonic inserts.
- Antimicrobial agents are provided.
- ALL participants’ meals are provided on full day sessions.
Maximum CE credits for dental hygienists with the CRDHA
An INVESTMENT that is a ‘game changer’!
Hygiene Excellence Inc has a great incentive program for patients to become training candidates for the PTM™ program. Further information will be forwarded to assist participants in the patient recruitment.
Participants are responsible for providing their own patients for the clinical days, however, strategies along with criteria, guidelines and matrixes are provided to ensure patient’s meet the requirements. EACH session will be clearly outlined, with EACH participant, to ensure they understand the process for recruiting patients.
All of the patients selected for the clinical sessions will be reviewed, prior to the sessions, by the participants and/or dentists and deemed appropriate in nature with no contraindications medically and/or physically for periodontal treatment. The patient consent form must be signed and forwarded to Hygiene Excellence Inc.